We prepare students for success in college and participatory leadership.
- Open Honors: optional extra challenge in every class with Honors indicated on transcript
- AP Classes : American History, Calculus AB, Economics, English Literature and Composition, Environmental Science, Statistics
- World Languages: Spanish, French & Japanese
- Extensive Reading: Harvest students read on average 40 books per year
- Music: All students learn an instrument (choice of Piano, Guitar, Chorus, Band)
- College Now: Free college classes through Hunter College now
- Harvest offers 57 credits in four years of study while the DOE requires 44 credits to graduate–this is an equivalent of an extra year of learning!
|Students read, discuss and write about great works of literature by Shakespeare, Frederick Douglass,F. Scott Fitzgerald, and others as well…Read More||Harvest Collegiate pushes students to critically evaluate historical sources at pivotal moments in history…Read More||Our program focuses on building student’s mathematical reasoning through compelling problems…Read More|
|Music||Science||Language Other Than English|
|Every student learns a musical instrument at Harvest Collegiate…Read More||Our science program concentrates on how to actually do science, learning the core ideas of the scientific method through experimental design, critique and analysis…Read More||We offer Spanish and French language…Read More|
|We think of physical education as a vital part of a student’s well-being…Read More||Advisor is responsible for overseeing and proactively addressing the child’s overall…Read More
Lower House focus: Community Building through rotating Advisory leadership of Morning Meeting and all students completing 25+ hours of Community Service.
Upper House focus: Collegiate Futures with goals of individualized Safety, Reach, Match college lists and college application guidance with the support of the College Inquiry curriculum from CARA.
|After learning a musical instrument in Lower House, students can choose various Arts electives in the Upper House including Choreography…Read More|